Funded by: Erasmus+ KA3 Policy Reform – Policy Experimentations
Duration: 30 months
Start date: 28/02/2021
Partnership: 16 Partners from 7 countries
1. Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research through the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research (OeAD-GmbH), Austria – Coordinator
2. Consortium for the validation of competences (CVDC), Belgium
3. Qualifications and Vocational Education and Training Development Centre (KPMPC), Lithuania
4. Regional Agency for Active Labour Policies of Umbria (ARPAL), Italy
5. Lifelong Learning Platform – LLLP, Belgium
6. European Institute of Education and Social Policy (EIESP), France
7. Educational Research Institute (IBE), Poland
8. 3s research laboratory (3s), Austria
9. Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB), Belgium
10. Nordic Network for Adult Learning (NVL), Denmark
11. Lithuanian education and science trade union (LESTU), Lithuania
12. ALL DIGITAL, Belgium
13. FORMA.Azione, Italy
14. Pluriversum, Italy
15. Chamber of Labour for Salzburg (AK), Austria
16. oeibf NQF service centre, Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research, Austria
TThe TRANSVAL-EU project addresses the complex issue of validation of transversal skills. On one hand, employers place an increasing importance on transversal skills. On the other hand, transversal skills are only an implicit part of the existing validation and guidance processes.
There is a need to make the validation processes of transversal skills acquired in non-formal and informal settings explicit and to embed the lessons learned in validation and guidance policies.
TRANSVAL-EU proposes to experiment innovative approaches for the validation of transversal skills acquired through non-formal and informal learning (VNFIL) in five pilot countries – Austria, Italy, Lithuania, Poland and Belgium.
TRANSVAL-EU will address the insufficient knowledge and awareness of counsellors and practitioners on innovative VNFIL methods and transversal competences; the limited professionalization and experience of VNFIL staff in the field of validation of transversal competences. The project will build capacity of practitioners and counsellors, as well as, when relevant, of other stakeholders on innovative VNFIL and transversal competences; and strengthen cross-sector cooperation between practitioners, policy-makers and other stakeholders in order to build coherent VNFIL systems.
TRANSVAL-EU intends to be one of the largest European policy experiments on VNFIL. The project has 16 partners from 7 countries.
The project partners will develop and test:
– a research base of good practices
– a set of training toolkits and programmes
– standardised competence profiles for validation/guidance practitioners with a specific focus on transversal skills.
The project started on February 28, 2021, it will last 30 months and is funded by Erasmus+ KA3 Policy Reform – Policy Experimentations.