Project number: 2020-1-LT01-KA204-077886
Project duration: 2020-11-01–2022-08-31
Project acronym: NEW TIMES
1. Adults’ Teachers and trainers / mentors / expert professionals;
2. Migrants and refugees;
3. Policy Makers.
The aim of the project is to exchange good practices at transnational and European level and to outline new approaches, methods and tools for the training of migrants and refugees from third countries as future aware and responsible European citizens.
The objectives that the project pursues are the following:
- create a transnational network to promote the development and exchange at local, regional, national and European level of innovative and improvement practices aimed at supporting a more active participation of migrants and refugees from third countries in European society in terms of informed citizenship;
- identify guidelines that allow the various operators who support migrants and refugees from third countries to guide them towards the acquisition of complex social and civic skills;
- imagine paths specifically intended for migrants and refugees for the knowledge of democratic values, fundamental rights, the project, the values and the history of the EU (education for European citizenship);
- Lay the foundations for the future realization of European civic education courses aimed at migrants and refugees, based on the educational model identified in the final report of the project.
During the project we intend to achieve the following results:
1) Active involvement at local level and through the coordination of partner organizations, citizenship education experts and the various subjects involved in the training of migrants and refugees from third countries: linguistic and cultural mediators, educators, teachers of Education Centres for adults, social workers, pedagogists, operators of training agencies, voluntary associations, employment centres, etc.
2) The development of new approaches, methods, tools dedicated to European citizenship education for effective social and political inclusion of migrants and refugees from third countries within European society. It will be an operational training model for European citizenship, dedicated to migrants and refugees from third countries, which, while taking into account the differences in national contexts, draws up common guidelines on active citizenship (NEW TIMES educational model).
3) The preparation of a curriculum that highlights skills, knowledge and skills to be developed (both educators / mentors and migrants) and the index of training content to be developed to meet the minimum agreed requirements.
Links where you can find more information about project and the implementation of project activities:
Read more (in English)
- NEW European citizens! project overview in Erasmus+ platform. November, 2020
- The Project „NEW European citizens!“ presentation at EPALE platform – electronic platform for adult learning in Europe. February 10, 2021
- EfVET – newsletter publication (in section Partner news). February 19, 2021
- NEW European citizens! Project newsletter. Issue 01. April 2021
Read more (in Lithuanian)
- The project overview in Qualifications and Vocational Education and Training Development Centre website. November, 2020, Lithuania
- Publication in Qualifications and Vocational Education and Training Development Centre Facebook platform. January, 2021
- Publication in Qualifications and Vocational Education and Training Development Centre Facebook platform. February, 2021
- Publication in Qualifications and Vocational Education and Training Development Centre Facebook platform. March, 2021
- New European citizens! Project newsletter. Issue 01. May 2021
Contact person: Julijana Choruza
The information published and opinions expressed by its authors on the www.kpmpc.lt portal do not necessarily correspond to the position of the European Commission.